Steroids are available in oral and injectable form and some may also be available in the form of a variety of gels. Each form of steroid has its pros and cons. There are also individuals who prefer one form over another for various reasons; ultimately it comes down to personal preference when choosing between oral and injectable steroids.
Oral steroids are produced in the form of tablets and capsules. Some steroids only come in oral form while others are available in both oral and injectable form. Here are the main features of this drug form:
- Using anabolic steroid tablets can be dangerous to the liver.
- The duration of the effect of oral steroids is small and causes sudden changes in hormone levels.
- To maintain a uniform anabolic background, tablets should be taken several times throughout the day (in equal parts depending on the steroid).
- Tableted drugs are quickly excreted from the body.
- They are most often used by beginners as well as athletes who cannot tolerate injections.
Injectable steroids are available in ampoules and vials, which are available on the market in large quantities.
The following criteria of these anabolics should be distinguished:
- Long-term effects on the body.
- A uniform anabolic background throughout the steroid cycle.
- Traces of injectable steroids can be detected over a very long period of time.
- They don’t pose a danger to the liver.
- Pain at the injection site can be associated with certain injectable steroids.
These are some of the most important aspects of oral and injectable steroids in bodybuilding that are beneficial to any athlete or bodybuilder.
Read also about safe steroid use