If you want to strengthen the muscles, but do not have time to visit the gym, then pull-ups will help to achieve the desired result. This is one of the best exercises for targeting virtually every muscle group in your torso and upper extremities. At the same time, you do not need any exercise equipment or sports equipment. It is enough to fix the bar in the doorway and you can immediately start training. But as practice shows, most beginners do not know how to properly pull up on the horizontal bar. As a result, the effectiveness of training is significantly reduced. To fix this, we will look at the most common exercise techniques in this article.
What muscle groups can you train?
The bar exercise is very effective. Despite their simplicity, several muscle groups are trained at once, namely:
- Flexors and extensors;
- Pronators and instep supports;
- Carpal muscles;
- The broadest dorsal muscles;
- Abdominal muscles.
Knowing how to pull up correctly on the horizontal bar is very important, because by changing the grip, you can control the distribution of the load by working out various muscle groups. That is why they are considered mandatory and are included in the training program of absolutely all athletes.
For better enhance and performances within these workouts, many athletes who training at home use Clenbuterol in order to enhance their performances. With its use, a user can benefit from greater cardiac performances, protection of the current muscle mass and also form its fat burning properties. This is what makes this drug perfect for a pre-workouts supplement.
Let’s dwell on this in more detail. Many are interested in how to do pull-ups correctly. Today, there are many techniques aimed at achieving different goals. Among the most common, the following types of exercises can be distinguished:
- Classic performance;
- With a wide grip;
- With a narrow back grip;
- Parallel grip;
- On a horizontal ladder.
Let’s dwell on each technique in more detail and find out what the correct pull-up on the horizontal bar should be. By adhering to the instructions given, you can make your body perfect in a relatively short period of time.
Every beginner is interested in the question of how to properly pull up on the horizontal bar. The most common and simplest is the classic version of the exercise with a direct grip. What is it and what is its peculiarity?
The technique is as follows:
- Grasp the bar so that your palms are shoulder-width apart. They should be facing away from you.
- If the horizontal bar is not too high, then you need to bend your knees so that they do not touch the ground.
- Start pulling up. All muscles should be as tense as possible, and the chin should go over the bar. Try to do this with smooth movements, rather than sharp lunges.
This is the correct pull-up technique on the horizontal bar. It is very simple, so it won’t take long to master it. But do not forget to monitor your breathing during training, otherwise you will quickly fizzle out. As for the number of approaches and exercises, it all depends on your goals and objectives. Trainers advise doing at least three sets at 10 reps per set.
If you struggle with these kind of pull ups due to having extra weight loads, many athletes overcome this problem with the help of T3. This agent tells the body to speed up the metabolism which in turn, allows users to burn off large amount of body fat in a short space of time!
Wide grip pull-ups
What is the peculiarity of this exercise? This technique is also very popular with many athletes of all skill levels. It is completely similar to that described above, with the exception of the position of the hands. They should be slightly wider than shoulder level. Everyone determines the optimal distance for themselves individually, depending on their anatomical features and physical development. The wider the grip, the greater the load on the muscles.
The rules for pulling up on the bar are as follows:
- Hang on the horizontal bar in the same way as with the classic technique.
- Spread your elbows slightly to the sides, but do not push them too forward.
- Start pulling yourself up, trying to bring you as close to your chest as possible.
- The load should go not only on the hands, but evenly distributed between them and the back.
Thanks to this technique, you can quickly build up the back muscles, which are poorly developed in most people, and also make your biceps more prominent. To increase the performances and power indicators further, often athletes use Anadrol tablets in order to promote enhanced protein synthesis within the body. Due to this, a user can stack on large amount of muscle mass and gain huge increase in their power and strength.
Narrow back grip
This exercise focuses on the biceps and some of the back muscles. How to pull up on a horizontal bar with a narrow reverse grip? Let’s talk about this in more detail now.
The execution algorithm is as follows:
- Grasp the bar so that your palms are facing you and your arms are about 20 centimeters apart.
- When pulling up, try to bring your elbows as far away from the body as possible.
Do not make sharp attacks. Movements should be smooth. The more sets you do, the better. Do not forget to take small breaks in between so that your muscles can rest a little.
So, what is its peculiarity? This is another effective pull-up technique that many professional athletes use. It is quite complex, so you should start using it after mastering the above. Its advantage lies in the fact that during pull-ups, many muscles are trained, namely:
- Back delta;
- Large round;
- Latissimus dorsal;
The essence of the technique is that you need to grab the crossbar so that your palms are looking at each other. The grip width can be different, but the smaller it is, the higher the efficiency. You determine the number of exercises and approaches for yourself. Do not immediately try to pull yourself up as many times as possible. The load should be increased gradually so as not to injure your body.
Pull-up on a horizontal ladder
This is another interesting technique with which you can strengthen and build your back muscles. In addition, the ladder is great for training the correct grip when pulling up on the bar. The peculiarity of the exercise is that you yourself can reduce or increase physical activity by changing the angle of the torso. The best option for achieving quick results is when the legs are extended slightly forward and the body is in a horizontal position in relation to the floor. The head is pushed between the bars and pull-ups begin.
You need to try to get as close as possible to the ladder with your chest. If you cannot fully adhere to the correct technique, then you can slightly change the angle of inclination. This will not be considered a big mistake and will not greatly affect the quality of the lessons. As you exercise, you can change your grip to target different muscle groups.
If you plan to train at home and not in the gym, then it is worth pulling up on a ladder at least once a week. Preform the exercise for as many times as you can. Within a month you will notice a positive result.
The most common mistakes
This aspect needs to be pursued. Above, we covered the correct pull-up techniques in various ways. But absolutely all beginners in the early stages make the same mistakes, because of which training becomes less effective.
Among the most common are the following:
- Sharp jerks. They are contraindicated because they put too much stress on the elbow joints and lead to their rapid wear. In addition, there is a great risk of injury.
- Open grip. It can slide your hands off the bar and fall. To prevent this from happening, use it only when pulling up with a wide grip.
- Holding your breath. Yes, it makes exercise easier, but what is the bottom line? Due to the lack of oxygen, the muscles get tired faster, so you will not be able to complete the planned number of approaches.
If you want to pull up properly, then try not to make these mistakes. It will be difficult at first, but over time you will start to get it right.
How to breathe correctly?
This is a very important aspect, so it should be discussed separately. Learning how to breathe correctly when performing various physical exercises is very important. The rate of gaining muscle mass directly depends on this.
To develop the correct technique for yourself, you must adhere to the following tips:
- Exercise only on those horizontal bars, the height of which corresponds to your height. If you climb the bar from a jump, then create an extra load on the muscles.
- If the horizontal bar is not high, then the legs should be tucked under you and not lifted forward.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose while pulling upward and exhale through your nose as you go down.
- Try to practice in the same rhythm so as not to get out of breath.
- Never pause or hold your breath.
If you breathe in accordance with these guidelines, then you are guaranteed to achieve the right pull-ups. With a little practice, you yourself will see that there is nothing difficult about this.
It is advisable to familiarize yourself with this aspect first of all. Practicing any kind of sport does not pass without certain consequences. In the case of pull-ups, you also have to face some problems.
Among the most common are:
- Injuries Unfortunately, even if the correct technique is followed, there is nowhere without them. Insufficient warm-up before starting the main block, too sharp lunges and falls can be fraught with sprains or ligaments rupture.
- CALLUS on the skin of the palms will gradually become rough until it becomes keratinized in some places. You can practice with gloves, but they must be rubber so that your hands do not slip off the bar.
- Muscle pain. Many beginners drop out of training precisely because of them. As a rule, the syndrome is localized in the elbows and shoulders. A rational approach to determining the level of load will allow to avoid pain. If they do not disappear for a long time or have become unbearable, then you should consult with your doctor.
These are, in fact, all the main problems for which you need to be prepared.
If you have read this article to the end, now you know how to pull up properly. To improve the efficiency of your workouts and achieve the desired results faster, you can start using weights over time or use training aids to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your training. But when choosing them, the main thing is to really assess your physical capabilities. The weight should be such as to create additional stress and not exhaust your body. This is the only way you can build muscle mass without harming your health!